Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Emotional Rollercoaster

If I would write everything that happend today to me, it would be a small novell. I have fallen in love with the people of Guatemala and from this point forward they will always have a special place in my heart. Where to start. Woke up this morning at 5:45am after a 4 hour sleep and was ready to go had a wonderful authentic breakfast and tried fried plantains and absolutely loved them. Black beans with cream and home made tortillas that are much lighter that those from the US. They are made out of corn here. After breakfast We ran in to a policeman that had an UZI machine gun strapped to his body. Rob got permission to get a picture of him and Van proceeded to share the Gospel with him and he got saved. You should have been there to see the countenance change and a smile of being saved. I was glad I was wearing my sun glasses becuase I was crying like a little baby over his decission. Church was awesome! The music sang was God Of This City, I Can Only Imagine, and more, playing back all the things that have been happening in the past several weeks until now tears flowing like rivers down my face praising the Lord with a heart felt attitude. After that there was about 30 minutes or so of fellowship as I took the opportunity to meet the people of the church and hand stickers out to the kids and using optical illusions on them that totally captivated them.

Then there was Lunch and God gave me the opportunity to share the Gospel and lead a lost soul to the Lord and at the end I told him to take that Gospel tract and share it with someone else and tell them what had just happened. I went and sat down and he had walked away finished lunch and Victor returned with a buddy and he had given him the tract and Jim Lewis then proceded to lead him buddy to Christ. Then they asked for more of the tracts so they could pass them on to more of their friends. Another tract was handed out to another individual and Bob had the opportunity to lead them to Christ. The sad thing was he was a father of 4 and he was homeless with his kids. It broke my heart!!!

There are many more thigs that have happened in today it will have to wait to be told there in person.

God is answering prayer. As I have requested I wanted to get God's eyes and He is answering it! I cant help to think about that were lead to the Lord how the Gospel message is spreading like wildfire from one person to the next.

Today Nelson wanted to see a goal of 5 families discipled. From what I understand there were 4 families.

Until next time.

In the darkness holding up the Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment