Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Enemy Attacks But God Prevails!

First of all thak for the prayers for no rain. It only sprinkled and the sun was out part of the time as well. God does answer prayer! What an absolutely AWESOME time I had with VBS. 130 kids. I was assigned the 8 year old kids. So precious, so sweet it wasn’t even 5 minutes and one of the children (Jeanette) clinged to me and loved on me the whole time. Jeanette had a pressure bandage on her head covering severe burns on her mouth. She melted my heart! Then there was Louise. He enjoyed being around me and followed me around where ever I sat. During the latter part of the day we were doing the lesson and I had both Jeanette on the right and Louise on the left and had my arms around them both. When the teachers asked for prayer I specifically requested prayer for Jeanette. We prayed together still holding those children in my arms. Jeanette had her head on my leg as we were praying. Then throughout the day sat with them and helped them to read their memory verse in English.

The enemy has been fighting us all evening today. I sowed seed after seed but it was as if there was no response for decision. We got booted out of a neighborhood within less than an hour. Moved to a more open neighborhood and were running in to witches, Jehovah Witnesses and others. The first person I approached responded with a works response but no matter how much I pleaded with this person (George) he did not want to get saved because he wanted to head to church and bring a friend with him. That happened right before we got booted out. We moved to the other neighborhood and the first person I hit there says “I don’t believe in the bible” It threw me off. But I continued to witness. Mitch had the opportunity to lead 3 young people to the Lord at the last little part. And they are pursuing discipleahip as well.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment