Saturday, November 7, 2009

Touch Down 2:25PM

Guatemala! I am still beside myself and cannot believe I am here! Praise the Lord EVERYTHING made it here and we had not one issue with luggage or customs! As we were approaching the landing I was able to see out the window and all the architecture. I wish you could have seen the buildings. The houses were so close together you could reach out and shake your nieghbors hand. Everything is old and run down but beautiful. Our first night was great God worked in a lot of peoples lives here and Jim Lewis lead someone to the Lord for the first time ever. I myself had the opportunity to council an 84 year old lady that made a confession after viewing the Jesus Film. Mitch has been the recording guru from the time we left KC to now and as I type this they are downloading all the video footage. Wife you would not like the bus rides it was very very close and crowded. Luggage packed to the ceiling and every single seat on the vehicle filled. On the way to the Evangelism site. Bryon was packed in with a bunch of youth in the back of a pickup then Randy jumps in on top of Bryon and looks like he was sitting on Bryons lap. A lot of pictures were taken. I was with Gene Johnson and Crystal Sanchez and our interpriter was an 18 year old named Gabriel who was saved at 6 years old and is now trying to start a business creating Laptop covers/bags for laptops. The nieghborhood we were in was in a richer part of the nieghborhood but it was all walled up so you cant approach the homes front door. Most of the people we talked to spoke english, and very good at that, but they chose to speak in their native toungue.

God has fired me up and I would rather go out and share the gospel with everyone I come in contact. In fact I have been making every effort to hand out Gospel tracts to everyone I run in to. If sleep was an option I would not be sleeping! We had Pizza Hut for dinner tonight because of how late it was and we gathered around in the Lobby to share what God had showed us and prayed for several of those that were encountered.
I was able to hand out a few stickers to some kids and share the Gospel with their parents.

Pictures are coming. Videos are coming. Just keep an eye on the facebook page!

God keeps taking me back to Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

I personally dont want this week to ever end. I am so on fire for the people here. I could do this day in and day out.

HERE AM I LORD. SEND ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment