Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WAKE UP!

What an incredible week it has been spending my quiet time with the Lord. I am now on Genesis 12 and God called Abram to move out of the country. My heart his becoming more and more focused not just on Guatemala but on people. I broke down yesterday as we were breaking out Romans 9 during mens bible study. God hit me with a huge brick and the question popped in to my head. Who am I that I should choose who goes to heaven or who goes to hell? If you are a Christian when was the last time that you asked someone the big question? If you were to die today do you have the assurance that you would spend and eternity in heaven? When was it that you asked that question? Was it today? Yesterday? Last week? Last year? NEVER? If so why have you not asked that question? Was it pride? Fear? Shame or just plain laziness. Romans 13:10 states And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. WAKE UP! We have people dying not only in Guatemala but here in the United States. People are passing through the gates of hell like water flowing over the edge of a cliff. Why? Because we will not do anything about it! People are getting closer and closer to the edge of death every second of every minute with not one person standing in the front of their path saying stop turn back you are heading for hell!

God is waking me up out of my slumber and there is not a second of the day that goes by that I dont think about the souls of people in my life that are headed to a Christless eternity called hell. I wake up with that thought and I lay my head down with that thought.

Two weekends ago right after I gave in to the Lord on my calling. God used the Chaplain in my unit to speak to me on Sunday. It was in Isaiah 6.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isaiah 6:5-8 (KJV)

God is calling you if you are a Christian. Whom shall I send? Who will go for us? Your response should be "Here am I; send me!"

2 days and a wakeup and I will be stepping foot on foriegn soil to preach the gospel. I am scared to death and I am excited at the same time. It is an honor and a privledge to do God's work! There is nothing more that I would want to do! Here am I Lord. Send ME!








No comments:

Post a Comment